Thesis competition 2014
New marketing communications
Does your thesis bring new insights into marketing communications? If so, we want to hear about it. How you approach your topic is your own choice.
We believe that good theses have a lot to offer to the practices of business life and to defining the societal role of marketing communications. We want to offer graduates the chance to meet decision makers of the business world, to network and showcase their insights and viewpoints to an expert audience.
Miltton’s thesis competition, now held for the third time, is looking for a Master’s thesis that can offer fresh views into different aspects of marketing communications, both in terms of business and research. Send in your work for a chance to win 3,000 euros and the opportunity to showcase your ideas to Finnish top executives and academics.
Send us your work as a pdf file to gradu (at) miltton.fi by 30 November 2014. Name the file: ownname_gradukilpailu.pdf. Introduce your work by attaching an abstract of max one page, in which you describe your topic, your research method and the results, and your own interpretation of why this work is of interest to professionals and researchers in the field. If your work qualifies among the 10 best, you will proceed to the finals and get to prepare and give a presentation about your ideas and your work to a jury of professionals and researchers in marketing communications. The winning work will be chosen among these ten finalists and awarded with a price of 3.000 euros.
- The novelty and innovativeness of the chosen topic
- The managerial implications for the marketing communications industry
- Academic quality: theoretical and empirical perspective, analytic and critical approach
- The contestants that qualify for the finals are also evaluated based on how they present their work and on their ability to answer the jury’s questions.
Please send any questions regarding the competition to gradu (at) miltton.fi. Follow Miltton on Facebook to receive updates on the competition and the latest news from the company.
- 3.000 EUR (please note that the winner will pay any possible taxes arising from the prize)
- Participation at Miltton’s Showcase event (spring 2015)
- The ten finalists get to present their work to Miltton’s clients and gain visibility within Miltton’s professional network
- Participation requires a Master level thesis approved in 2013 or 2014, but no later than 30 November 2014.
- Application deadline is 30 November 2014, by which you need to send the abstract (as described above) and your thesis to gradu (at) miltton.fi.
- Only the author of the work can apply.
- There can be several authors for one thesis, in which case a possible prize will be divided between the members of the group.
- Miltton chooses the 10 theses that qualify for the final. A requirement for winning the first prize is participation in the final arranged in early 2015. The specific date will be published later.
- The winner will pay any taxes arising from the prize.
- Miltton has the right to ask the author’s academic instructor for an evaluation regarding the academic quality of the work.
- Miltton has the right to use the results of the competition and the conclusions of the winning work as part of its own communications and marketing.
- The thesis should be written in English, Finnish or Swedish.